Behold! This, this, is a cootie catcher, miraculous handheld oracle crafted of A4 paper folded in a precise pattern that results in a more or less three-dimensional rhomboid.
To forge this most magickal implement of high sorcery:
- Lay flat one standard, 8″x11″ sheet of paper, the kind used in copiers and printers.
- Draw the top corners together into a triangle, leaving a couple of inches at bottom.
- Mate the corners again to create a smaller triangle. Remove the leftover paper and discard.
- Unfold the remaining into a Blintz Base, or square.
- Pull each corner to center, turn the paper over, and fold the other side’s corners in the same way.
- Bend the corners at the center again to create niches in the four corners for thumbs and fingers.
- As desired, label internal facets, external facets, and under innermost leaves.
- Finally: believe and bear witness.